Sister Dustin Phelps- Chile Santiago West Mission
December 2014-July 2016

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Dustin's Companion has had gall-stones for 6 months and finally had surgery 2 weeks ago. She hasn't been able to get out of their appartment much for awhile.

Hola Familia! Another week of missionary work! My comp is STILL sick though, so its kinda rough. holy cow its like i'm dying slowly from the inside watching my misson tick by! I feel bad for her spending her last few months of her mission in the house, but we are getting out some every day now which is good. Just not full days of missionary work. We found a new family this week who i have lots of hope for. They have tons of questions and crazy stories. They invited us in for a beer to get out of the heat, not the best invitation but we went inside and stated sharing with them. I was with a member from the ward, Maria Jose and we took advantage of the situation. thank goodness they were only on their first beer and not drunk yet. We felt the spirit so strong with them, it was awesome. When we returned for our next visit, they showed us a video up close and personal of their dog giving birth. That was fun too! but it opened the door to talk about the plan of salvation. I guess we're taking what we can get from the circumstances. I starting reading Jesus the Christ by James E Talmage. Holy deep doctrine....but I'm learning so much about our Savior Jesus Christ. I dont think im going to attempt to read it in spanish just yet but maybe one day! Before i forget...FELIZ CUPLEAÑOS GRANNY HAMBLIN. Sorry i had to miss the party but don't worry I'm saving some souls down here for you! I hope spring break is going good for you all and the nice weather holds up. Still no pictures but we have changes in 2 weeks and ill be finishing ym training so i might be in a new area where the computers work but i don't know! Nothing else too crazy happened i guess. I hope everyone is enjoying their spring break and is getting ready for the end of the school year. ITs crazy how fast it goes huh? Sending lots of Chilean love! hermana phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment