Sister Dustin Phelps- Chile Santiago West Mission
December 2014-July 2016

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

1st Tranfers, Moving over to the COAST!!

http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/map/google_map_chile.htm


So I got transferred! I am now in an area called San Antonio...not the one in texas but almost. My sector is called LLo Lleo and its my first day so we only got off the bus and came to write so i havent seen much yet bu the air is freshly respirating in my lungs. I am happy for the change and even happier that I don't have to train or anything crazy like that. Time to just settle down and do some real missionary work! My companion is named Hna Cahuna from Peru. She seems pretty nice so I have lots of hope or the weeks to come. She also goes home here in 6 weeks so ill have changes again here the next transfer but that's okay! It was sad so say goodbye to Maipu, my place of birth here in Chili. Its crazy how much love you can gain for the people in your sector. I have been taking lots of pictures but the truth is i think something is wrong with the cord to my camera because i still cant send pictures.

Conference was super great! I went with a question of what is my purpose here as a missionary, why is it important to leave my family and pass through these challenges. The answer was obvious...because of families! They are the basic unit of life. Never can I remember a topic being so profound in a conference. It seems like every talk focused on marriage and families. I got to go on splits and watch the Sat. session in English so i learned the most but I feel like i got inspiration the Sunday session too! i almost cried when elder Holland started talking and i couldn't hear his voice! I dont know how these people do it to not hear the tones of the prophet or  understand the lyrics of the beautiful choirs. I guess i felt especially blessed to know English! One talk i particularly enjoyed was the one about dancing and hearing the music with your heart. I know a think or two about awkward dancing and let me tell you...if you're not hearing the beat with your heart...is it really even dancing or just random movements? It was special to hear of the natives of Arizona making an appearance in the conference. I have never been more grateful for my family. Immediate, extended, and those who don't have the same blood but are family none the less. We are all here for each other because everyone has their week moments. Heavenly father knew we would never make it home solo so he gave us families to help us feel his love here on the earth!

Nothing super exciting happened this week with the work in Maipu. I am a little sad you didnt send a picture of dad in the bee suit! you better have captured that candid moment on film! Easter was something else that's for sure. I have never had a clearer understanding of the role of the Savior in our lives. How blessed we are to have a perfect plan from the father who gave up his son so that we could be saved! Funny things this week include English lesson with some members, i will have to video tape the massive amounts of charades that go on. Hna Day spent 20 minutes cursing my language book about how all the sentences were wrong when i finally pointed out that she was reading the "find the error in the sentence" section. Chilean desserts for the week included that they eat hard cream of wheat with jelly after lunch. Its not quite as delicious as it sounds but almost! Have an awesome week. Work hard, Pray Harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment